The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is the qualifying test for MBBS and BDS programmes in Indian medical and dental colleges. NEET is an exam of a total of 720 marks and the cut-off percentile is 50. This percentile can be achieved with a minimum of 600+ marks out of 720.
To achieve the desired score of 600+ in NEET, mock tests can play a crucial role. NEET mock tests, as the name suggests, are practice papers that mirror the actual NEET exam pattern and structure of questions. These are usually available in both online and offline versions.
Mock tests can help you in boosting your NEET preparation and clearing cut-offs in the following way:
- Find Out Your Strengths – Taking mock tests helps you in determining what the strong areas in your preparation are. It shows which chapters or topics are your strengths. One should aim to make their strong areas flawless so that they can score a big chunk of marks through that. It also helps in compensating for the weaker concepts, if any.
- Tackle your Weaknesses – The most important function of mock tests is to show you your weak areas. When you take regular mock tests, you easily get to see for yourself, the weak areas that are holding back your score. This realisation is immensely useful as it will help you schedule your studies accordingly and will make you allot more preparation time for the concepts that you are weak at.
- Time Management – Mock tests should always be taken in a timed environment and the timing should be the same as that of the actual NEET exam. This will help you mentally prepare for the rush of the exam and help you keep calm on D-Day.
- New Question Types – Mock tests are a great way to come across new question types that you might not have witnessed in your regular textbooks. It is important to make a note of such questions and understand the given solutions properly.
- Study Plan – Gauging your preparation level through mock tests can help you build the ideal study plan for the coming months. Try to make your weak areas strong by understanding the concepts well and try to make your strengths absolutely perfect by practising tougher questions.
At The IITIAN’S HUB, we not only conduct mock tests but also topic tests to make sure our students are clear about each and every concept. Following the tests, students are provided a detailed assessment report through which they get to know their strengths and weaknesses. Understanding the weak points, they work harder with the help of faculty members and strengthen their concepts to perform well in future.