Two major engineering entrance examinations are used for admission to engineering institutes across India, the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) and the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). Competitive exams are different from academic exams because competitive exams were designed to test your knowledge and concepts, common sense for the subject, and sharp minds. Therefore, mere knowledge cannot fetch you success in competitive exams.
Tips for performing better in Engineering Entrance Exams
- Stay dedicated to your studies. Prepare a timetable and stick to it.
- Time management is crucial, and so is forming short-term and long-term goals. These will be important for covering maximum topics in each subject while constantly testing yourself.
- Along with the NCERT books, focus on building your concepts with books that focus on competitive exams. Also, it's wiser not to switch between too many books.
- Don't leave topics midway during your preparation, no matter how dull they might seem. Be it Maths, Physics or Chemistry; every subject has equal chances of fetching marks. Preparing well in advance will ensure that you have less pressure by the end.
- In your free time, make use of websites that aid your studies in exciting ways. This is a fun way to revise what you already know and learn new concepts. The topics you learn in unconventional ways usually stick with you longer.
- The entrance exam websites have mock/sample papers and also previous year papers. Practice them thoroughly. Last year's documents are almost as important as the texts you study. They give you an accurate practice of the pattern and structure of each exam.
- Time your tests. Completing the paper on/before time is a skill that will only come if you have practiced enough. Practice brings accuracy, which brings speed. And in every competitive exam, time management matters the most.
- Keep up to date with the official notifications. The JEE papers have gone through significant changes in the past.
The IITians' Hub has been a pioneer in providing guidance, mentoring, and coaching to the younger aspirants in their academic careers and helping them achieve their dreams. We help students prepare for IIT-JEE, NEET, KVPY, and OLYMPIADS in Mumbai. Our faculty enjoys a lot of respect from the students, and many of our students have successfully cleared various competitive exams. Dedication, passion, and perseverance are the guiding principles of our team. We also conduct frequent seminars with expert faculties of reputed institutes giving the students the required exposure for their future endeavors. To know more, visit our website www.theiitianshub.com or call us at +91 7738570333/ 7738573222